Advance Manufacturing Engineer/ Manager
A global technology company is seeking an experienced Material Expert to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent English & Mandarin communication skills, strong material and manufacturing processes technical background with proven experience in product development.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at the company. In this role you will:
- Work closely with Design team (ID and CMF), Engineering team (CMF, Mechanical, Acoustic, Electrical) and Marketing team to approach the value proposition in terms of Design Thinking and define products.
- Conceive, explore and execute new material and manufacturing processes development as per product roadmap and portfolio.
- Play as consultancy role in techno exploration and product design on material, tooling, processing related.
- Consolidate and maintain manufacturing processing and material application guideline to feed in mechanical design and development.
- Drive a process quality continuously improvement related to material and processing.
- Direct and oversight of suppliers’ fabrication processing qualification, approval and documentation during new product development.
- Define or review mechanical parts and specification for audio products in Material Expert perspective.
- Establish strong partnerships with internal and external partners/vendors.
- Lead the material development of user centric Audio products
- Manage and review the detailed material and processing of product.
- Strong knowledge and experience in rapid prototyping, functional lab testing of concepts and analysis of test data.
- Optimize designs for cost, schedule, performance and quality.
- Sustain and drive cost reduction programs for existing products.
- Be the key person to innovation and technology programs to enable Audio product evolution. Research new technologies, processes to meet product goals. Proficient in working with suppliers/vendors.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 5+ years’ experience in extensive material development and processing of high volume consumer electronic products.
- Proficient in English/Mandarin with good verbal and written communication skills in Reading/Speaking/Writing. Superior communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Technical leader on material and processing development for NPI.
- Detailed knowledge of plastics, elastomer, fabric, metal, injection moulding and tooling.
- Demonstrated competencies in the design of complex assemblies of injection molded, sheet metal, and cast parts on consumer electronics products that successfully reached volume production.
- Direct and extensive experience in a wide range of manufacturing processes, materials and finishes (such as injection molding, sheet metal forming, metal casting, prototyping).
- Demonstrated experience in integrating with cross functional groups including manufacturing, test, reliability, quality, ID, Marketing and compliance.
- Expert on cost breakdown and analysis.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques. Provide direction and training to facilitate suppliers, developing products to ensure products delivered on time at the optimum cost. Fulfill suppliers skill gap for problem solving, such as issue finding, identify root cause, failure analysis, propose possible solution, corrective action, verification, validation.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast pace quickly environment.
- Self-motivated, Creative. Design Leadership is a plus
- A true team player with Strong Communication skills and experience in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Project management and Risk management are a plus.
Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical, Manufacture, Material, Chemical Engineering (or similar).